Managing Director, India
Remote in Mumbai or Delhi, India
As managing director, you will provide strategy and guidance for Mercy For Animals’ work in India, including building and managing teams and key relationships and implementing short- and long-range goals, plans, and policies to further the organization’s mission to create a world where animals are respected, protected, and free to pursue their own interests.
You will do invaluable work:
- Define and implement a clear strategy for Mercy For Animals’ work in India, in partnership with the senior vice president of international and other internal stakeholders
- Oversee all regional operations and programs to ensure effective outcomes and alignment with the overall strategy and mission of the organization
- Help identify, recruit, interview, and select new team members in India
- Foster strong cohesion and high morale among all team members
- Ensure compliance with all operational and legal requirements for the region
- Manage overall country budget and implement strong financial and reporting systems
- Establish clear goals and expectations for each department in alliance with department heads and routinely monitor, track, and report progress to the senior vice president of international
- Establish and maintain relationships with key companies, supporters, politicians, animal protection organizations, and other stakeholders to grow Mercy For Animals’ reach and impact
- Help execute work in any areas for which dedicated team members have not yet been hired or for which vacancies have arisen, including both support and program work
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization at conferences and other events
- Work closely with department and division heads to ensure all activities in India are carried out in a culturally appropriate manner
- Collaborate with the heads of communication and public engagement to develop a communications strategy for Mercy For Animals India with the right tone, approach, and positioning
- Maintain strong relationships with other nonprofit organizations working on farmed animal advocacy and other causes related to Mercy For Animals’ mission
- Identify new opportunities for the organization in India, including program growth, fundraising, and partnerships
Your qualifications will take the organization to the next level:
- Minimum of five years’ management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally and persuasively, both orally and in writing
- Comfort with public speaking
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Keen sense of judgment
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to travel with great frequency
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a positive and proactive leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate others. A strong communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills, I enjoy building relationships and partnerships. I’m vegan and fiercely passionate about animal welfare and animal rights.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of 1,300,000 INR to 1,660,000 INR, depending on qualifications, and enjoy our generous paid time-off policy, with 27 days of leave (including seven days of sick leave), 180 days of maternity leave or 30 days of paternity leave, and one day of election leave, as well as Mediclaim insurance amounting to 500,000 INR.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role. A few things we would love to learn about are professional experience, internships, volunteer work, and side projects, as well as your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.